4 months ago
Overall, it's been a good experience to stay in Wave House.
Most of the areas I would rate as good and very good.
As a SURF camp it has some good and not so good points related to surfing as it was a primary purpose of the trip.
I did like:
- thorough photo reviews almost after every lesson
- open and honest attitude of all the instructors, their will to help make corrections to improve
I did not like:
- lesson cancellations (3 times during my stay)
- no lesson compensation (for the cancelled ones) or another way of activity compensating surfing lesson provided by camp
- not appropriate surfing level students distribution - not allowing to go on surf spots different from beginner level or reason for lesson cancellation
- no lesson video review during my stay
- no spare parts available in the car (fins, screwdrivers, sometimes wax)
I appreciate efforts of Wave House staff and especially surf instructors. I would recommend this camp to my surfing beginner level friends as this is the place where they will be treated in a right way, in a safe way. At the same time I'm not sure that I will recommend this camp to my friends who proceed with surfing from beginner to intermediate level and higher as there is issues to be fixed I noticed (and not only me).
I hope my review will help to improve surfing side of the SURF camp and look forward to come to Bali to the same but developed in a surfing side place.